Friday, October 31, 2014

NICU Day 39

Baby girl is doing well. We continue to weak down the temperature on her isolette. It is now at 28.7 degrees, room temp is about 28 degrees. She also had her CPAP turned down to a peep of 5 at around 3 yesterday afternoon. 

I went into the hospital for visit, we had a great cuddle. There was one scary time at around 30 minutes in where Baby Girl started desatting and low satting. I tried to get someone attention for about 15 minutes. Sitting there while alarms went off and Baby Girl struggled was an incredibly helpless feeling. I tried hitting my help button, shaking the curtain and waving my arm over the back of the chair. Finally someone heard the alarms going off and came in to investigate and turned up her oxygen. I cannot fault our nurse, I could see that the other baby on our monitor was red alarmed the entire time.  Baby girl had to have her oxygen turned up pretty high (for her) while she recovered. I realized she was somewhat on her side rather than fully on her belly and adjusted her to be truly on her tummy and she did better.

Doctor L called with our update and decided to decrease the Peep on Baby Girl's CPAP down to 5.  Also increasing the protein up to 1 ml protein 8/day which is 1 ml per kilogram.

Weight: 1380 grams (up 80 grams) - 3 lb 1 oz
Milk: 1145 (38.16 oz)
Feeds: 24 ml fortified to 24 calories pushed over 30 min, 1 ml protein x 8/day (every feeding)
Iron supplement 1 ml
Tri-Vi-Sol .5 ml twice a day
CPAP 21%-30% oxygen, Peep 5
Day Nurse: Rachel W
Night Nurse: Karla

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad she's doing better now--it's scary when those alarms start blaring and no on is able to come right away :(

    ReplyDelete