Sunday, October 19, 2014

NICU Day 28

I'm really done with not being able to go to the hospital.  I feel like I should wait the full 7 days because it is safest.  C keeps coughing on everything and producing rivers of snot.  He sleeps in bed with us because I want to be sure he's breathing OK.  He's handled colds much better since his mitral valve was repaired, but I'm still leery, especially with EV-D68 running around.

I find that I really miss being pregnant.  I had a lot of expectations for how October, November and December would be for me.  I expected a certain level of discomfort, a lot of work to manage my blood sugars and getting big as a house.  I was looking forward to Baby Girl being big enough that I could let C feel her kick.  We were going to do a 3D ultrasound and have a copy of it on DVD.  We were going to have a recording of her heartbeat installed in a bear for C.  I was going to actually get my prenatal pictures done this time.  I miss feeling her kick and the bonding we would have done in these last few months of my pregnancy.  I'm sad I couldn't share her with my husband and son.  Every day, in a thousand ways, I'm reminded that the world has not matched my expectations for this pregnancy.

Sunday Measurements:
Length: 34.5 cm (no gain) - 13.58 inches
Head Circumference: 24.5 cm (+1cm) - 9.64 inches

Weight: 1020 grams (up 40 grams) - 2 lb 4oz
Milk: 983 ml (32.76 oz)
Feeds: 20 ml pushed over 30 min, Iron supplement and 1ml Tri-Vi-Sol, .7 ml protein x 4/day (every other feeding) - Iron and Caffeine doses were adjusted for weight today.
NIPPV Remains at 20, 24%-31% oxygen.
Day Nurse: Mary
Night Nurse: Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment