Friday, October 17, 2014

NICU Day 26

Today has been a quiet day.  I went to work and did work stuff, then came home because I can't risk going to the NICU.  I have a slightly rough throat, minor sinus pressure and stuffed ears.  I can tell I'm sick, but it isn't getting super symptomy at this point.  C is also sick, so at least I know where it came from.

Baby Girl is on a giant poop at 5 o'clock schedule. Apparently she filled 2 diapers at 5 o'clock this morning and had another giant poop at 5 this evening.  I may have to ask some more questions on this, as I'm expecting her to poop 5-6 times a day.. but everyone seems happy with her input/output, so I guess we're good to go.

No weight gain tonight, maybe it was all the pooping... Hopefully the added protein will kick in soon.

Dr. Caldwell called with our update.
  • Tolerating Protein, has had 2 rounds of it, gained 30 grams yesterday before the protein started.
  • CO2 57 on rate of 20, waiting a few days and will either decrease rate or shift to CPAP
  • 8 Brady alarms, 2 required stim, one before rate change and one after
Weight: 960 grams (no change) - 2.2 lb
Milk: 1023 ml (34.1 oz)
Feeds: 18 ml pushed over 30 min, Iron supplement and 1ml Tri-Vi-Sol, .7 ml protein x 4/day (every other feeding)
NIPPV Remains at 20, 24% oxygen.
Day Nurse: Trisha
Night Nurse: Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment