Tuesday, November 25, 2014

NICU Day 66

Baby Girl is back off nasal cannula and was free to start nursing again. I fed her at the 5:30 and 8:30 feedings this evening, it went very well!  She did lose a bit of weight, we'll see what the doctor says tomorrow on that one.  I assume we need to bump up the amount she's eating.  I really miss my Baby Weigh scale from Medela, it told me exactly how much Charlie ate when he breastfed.  It is a crutch and I shouldn't use it again (unless medically needed again)... but I miss it anyway.

Baby Girl's butt is still broken down and looking very painful, I still blame the new fortifier.  We're doing as much air time as we can in the hopes that it will heal up.  We may need to go to blowing oxygen on it, but she really hates that, so I'm hoping it will get better without that.

After her last feeding, we cuddled for a bit and her O2 sats were at 100% without any respiratory support for the first time I've seen... These monitors can make you crazy, but it will be hard to leave them behind.




Weight: 2270 grams -25 grams (5 lbs)
Milk: 1045 (34.8 oz)
Feeds: 45 ml fortified to 24 calories pushed over 30 min
Nursed: twice for more than 30 minutes each time
Iron supplement 1 ml
Tri-Vi-Sol .5 ml twice a day
Day Nurse: Rhonda (Congratulations on your new job, but you will be missed!)
Night Nurse: Natalie

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if some breastmilk on her bum would help? I've never tried it on diaper area rashes but I've used it on other rashes on my babies and it helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea! I will try it today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that between my three, I've put breastmilk on just about everything--when it doubt, douse it in breastmilk :p Sometimes it helps and its never hurt so why not? I hope you find something that helps Riley's poor bum so she can be comfy again!

      Delete