Friday, November 14, 2014

NICU Day 54

I had a meeting that sent me to see Baby Girl a bit late today.  When I arrived, I found we had Rachel today.  Rachel, like Lori tends to push me a bit. So, I picked Baby Girl up out of her isolette today for cuddles.  We had a great cuddle, Baby Girl was apparently very relaxed and "moved" by our cuddle.

Baby Girl is having a tiny bit of skin break down on her nether regions, so, when I put her back I got to change that enormous diaper.  As soon as I started changing her, enormous grew to gigantic as she fountained out even more poop.  So, we switched to a second clean diaper... which she immediately started peeing in.  At this point, we gave up as her official care time was only an hour away and she needed to get back to resting.

Dr. Dang weaned Baby Girl down to a PEEP of 4 this afternoon and increased her feeds to 34.  If she tolerates the decreased support over night, they will be trying high flow again tomorrow.  Baby Girl has had far fewer alarms this last week and a lot more time on 21% oxygen, so I'm hopeful.



Weight: 1820 grams +60 grams (4lbs 2 oz)
Milk: 1210 (40.33 oz)
Feeds: 34 ml fortified to 24 calories pushed over 30 min,
1 ml protein x 8/day (every feeding)
Iron supplement 1 ml
Tri-Vi-Sol .5 ml twice a day
CPAP 21% oxygen, PEEP 4
Day Nurse: Michelle
Night Nurse: Erin


1 comment:

  1. She looks so big! I'm so glad she continues to do well :)

    ReplyDelete