Monday, December 1, 2014

NICU Day 72

I officially went on leave today so I can spend all my free time at the hospital working on feeding with Baby Girl.  I'm hopeful that she'll build her stamina and be able to get rid of that darned NG tube soon!  The Nurse Practitioner who saw her today didn't like her weight gain, so she added a third fortified bottle.  Today's weight gain does not include that third bottle.  I'm hoping we'll be able to drop it back out and go back to just 2 bottles and the rest of the time nursing.

We nursed at 2:30 and it went OK, but she seemed tired already.  Then at 5:30, we couldn't get her to nurse at all.  She was just done in, so she slept and got her feeding through the NG tube.  This will be the hard part, feeding always is :/

Today was a weird day. I was diagnosed with a fairly rare genetic condition. I'm still in denial.  It will be interesting to learn more about the condition.  The Husband's company was purchased by another company.  It will be interesting to see what they do with it (and his job).  My Company's CEO retired and the new leadership was promoted from within.  It will be interesting to see what they do with the company.




Weight: 2405 grams 50 grams (5 lbs 5 oz)
Milk: 1215 (40.5 oz)
Feeds: 52 ml 6 unfortified, 2 fortified to 24 calories pushed over 30 min
Nursed: 1 nursing session out of 2 total attempts
Tri-Vi-Sol .5 ml
Day Nurse: Sarah
Night Nurse: Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment