Sunday, December 14, 2014

First Day Home

We have survived our first day home.  It has been a VERY long day.  Baby Girl is confused by the lack of noise and bustle around her.  It disconcerts her and she is having some trouble sleeping.  I've had 2 hours of sleep last night, plus a 1 hour nap and a half hour nap today. Husband has had about 4 hours total.

The schedule we're working to maintain is rough.  I'm supposed to pump after every feeding and we're giving 3 bottles a day.  I think Baby Girl is having a growth spurt as she's been cluster feeding this evening.  I had a lot of trouble believing she wanted to eat as much as she wanted as often as she wanted. I can't find any of my breastfeeding pillows, which is super annoying.

Husband is trying to sleep, I'm trying to pump real quick and I can hear Baby Girl waking upstairs... she's sleeping about 10 minutes, then crying again.  She's having a lot of spit up issues, but the NICU didn't like the word reflux... We'll be talking to our pediatrician and see what she thinks...

Our parents took turns with C4 yesterday and today, which gave us an opportunity to settle in a bit before adding to the chaos.  This is going to be CRA-Z!


3 comments:

  1. Try finding a brown noise generator. It's easier on my ears than white noise and helps me concentrate when I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you all. Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finally going home!

    ReplyDelete