Wednesday, December 10, 2014

NICU Days 79, 80, 81

Sorry for the delay in posting, I've been rooming in and working on feeding Baby Girl.  After 2 fantastic days of weight gain, we lost weight today.  Baby Girl is getting a bit tired when she nurses, so we're working on trying to wake her up more.  I haven't been able to speak with the doctor in a few days, but hopefully I'll be able to speak with her tomorrow.

I've got a lot of post nasal drip, which I've had since I had Baby Girl, but it is much worse now.  I suspect allergies, but I am very worried it is a cold. Tonight's nurse suggested maybe I should go home and come back if I feel better... but the doctor seemed to disagree with that idea.  I will revisit that tomorrow.  I also plan to call my allergist.

Baby Girl had a "car seat test" today.  She has to pass one to go home, but this first test was not a

success.  She dropped her sats after about 30 minutes and they stayed down for longer than 20 seconds, which is a fail.

I'm very tired and very much in need of more rest.  My schedule originally had me up 2 out of every 3 hours overnight, which is not survivable long term.  Now, I'm just pumping on 2 of the overnight care shifts, which is helping.

Baby Girl did lose 10 grams tonight.  She remains 5 lbs 12 oz


Time for sleep round #1

No comments:

Post a Comment