Monday, November 22, 2010

No Seriously, we are THAT tired

Last night we finished feeding C, pumping and cleaning up for bed by midnight.  C's next feeding was supposed to be at two, but we decided to push to two thirty so we could get two solid hours of sleep.  When the alarm went off TheMan got up, made a bottle and went to the restroom.  I failed to get up at all.  I woke suddenly at four am and called for TheMan because he was not beside me and we had overslept.  I heard a terrible crash from the master bath! I jumped out of bed and ran over to find TheMan on the floor looking up at me.  He had fallen asleep on the toilet an hour and a half ago and when he tried to stand he found both of his legs were asleep.  He could feel nothing at first, then had to suffer through pins and needles, we had to toss the bottle of breast milk since we had already fortified it. 

The situation was disconcerting then, and completely amusing now. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree...completely amusing now! I have been that tired, so I know what you are feeling. I haven't fallen asleep in the bathroom though...too funny!

    Hope you can catch up on your sleep sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete